Meet Mark L. Billy, DDS
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in Austintown, OH
Image by Stacey Studio, Canfield, Ohio
Dr. Mark L. Billy was born and raised in Youngstown, Ohio. He earned his undergraduate degree from Youngstown State University in Combined Sciences. In 1986, he earned his DDS degree from the Ohio State University.
Upon graduation from dental school, Dr. Billy was commissioned into the United States Army. He completed the Army’s Advanced Educational Program in General Dentistry at Ft. Carson, Colorado in 1987. He was transferred to Germany where he spent over three years serving as a general dentist. This included support for the Gulf War. He proudly served for a total of six years on active duty. This experience taught him many of life’s lessons beyond the clinic.
Following his military service, he completed a four-year residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland. He returned home in 1996.
Since his return, Dr. Billy has dedicated himself to improving the quality of life for our area residents by becoming a leader in the field of dentoalveolar and implant surgery, reconstructive and facial trauma surgery as well as office anesthesia.
He is married to his Chaney High School sweetheart Michelle and they have three wonderful children, Zachary(Melissa and son Nolan), Alexa and Elena.
Memberships & Associations
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member, Ohio Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Ohio Dental Association
- Member and Past President, Corydon Palmer Dental Society
- Member, Academy of Osseointegration
- Member, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Fellow, Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Active staff, Mercy Health-St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital and Mercy Health-St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital
- Active staff, Surgery Center at Southwoods